TIPS FOR NOVEMBER 2016
28th November 2016
- Ensure you get a silage analysis. This will ensure correct diet formulation and required mineral supplementation.
- Start drying off cows at 190 days of pregnancy if BCS is below target and you do not have an option to supplement with extra concentrates.
- Prebreed scanning should start now for autumn calving next year.
- Ensure liver and stomach fluke risks are addressed as cows are dried off.
- Are your weanling heifers reaching target weights? Weigh now and supplement by group weights.